Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominikus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Hi!

I have a few problems with migrating from Outlook 2007 (PC) to Outlook 2011. BAckgrpund: My dad finally switched away from his old PC, and he needs to have his calendar, contacts and about 2gb's of Mail transferred to his MBP as he's running his business from it.

The problems are as follows:

1) After importing the "old" .pst file from the PC, it is added as a seperate new inbox, and all the Mails and Folders and everything are there. So far, so good.
But after I added his Mail Accounts, all the contents from the old Inbox disappear! I tried it twice now (takes ages to import the file...) with exactly the same result. I do think that the disappearing happened after I hit the "Receive & Send Mail" Button for the first time.

2) Is there a way to change the default inbox to the "old" one? I tried that before syncing the Mail accounts, but there is no option to be found. Maybe there is a workaround?

I've done a bit of googling already, and one of the things I could think of for now would be the path of "Import old .pst -> Export to .olm -> Delete everything from Outlook 2011 -> re-add and pray it works".
I will try that tomorrow (without much hope), but maybe someone has made similar experiences or knows how to solve that?

I hate how everything gets complicated and nervewrecking once any of Microsofts products are involved :/

Thank you very much!

regards, dom

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.