Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMilligan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Mine was quoted as shipping on the 16th, but I just got an shipping confirmation earlier today. You guys think this is a sign of the iPad mini not selling as quickly as Apple expected? Good to know I'll be getting it a week and a half early.

Anyone else getting early shipments?

RockoDGrey

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
I don't know. I preordered on the 26th and it still says 2 weeks for me. It will arrive by the 21st. I don't know, it hasn't changed. The 21st is actually 3 weeks from the 26th.

egghead6398

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I got the early shipping notice as well, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Apple's shipping estimate tends to be very conservative. Same thing happened with other new product launches as well. I do want to find out how long it usually takes for FedEx to make the delivery. It says the delivery estimate is 11/12, but I am hoping they can deliver by Friday, so I can play with it over the weekend.

kodemunkey

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
New Mexico, USA
Nothing yet...

I placed my order on October 27th for the White 16GB model as well as a blue smart cover.

I already received the smart cover (it was shipped out two days after I placed my order) even though the original shipping estimate stated November 7 - November 9.

As for the iPad itself, I have not received any new information. The original order information stated:
Available to ship: 2 weeks
Delivers Nov 19 by Standard Shipping​
I really really hope it ships out sooner, after reading all the positive reviews so far, I don't know how much longer I can wait!
I think Tom Petty said it best "The waiting is the hardest part..." :)

Kerreh

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
I'm still waiting - ordered bang on the nose of 8am 26.10.12 and the order summary shows dispatched: 2 weeks
Delivers: 16th November 2012

Based on all other threads I take it that it'll be delivered on 16th. I hope so as a family member is taking the day off to stay at home and sign for it - if it is earlier I assume I'll get the option of choosing the redelivery day instead of the often used auto 'redeliver the next day' method?

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
Mine too, shipped earlier then predicted it showed on 16th delivery. But has been shipped yesterday, delivery on 12 th november by 4 30. It is good that it has been shipped a week early:)

RockoDGrey

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
This morning my status changed from Processing to Preparing to Ship. I ordered around 9-10am on preorder day, live in Ontario.

kodemunkey

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
New Mexico, USA
Awesome! Glad to hear that RockoDGrey. I guess depending on how many orders were made on the 26th, and how quickly the minis are being processed for shipment, maybe mine will be prepped for shipment soon as well (my order was placed on the 27th)...fingers crossed!

Let us know when you receive an official tracking detail if you don't mind. :)

ALMF

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
This morning my status changed from Processing to Preparing to Ship. I ordered around 9-10am on preorder day, live in Ontario.

Processing = making your product

Apple is sucking at supply, production, and delivery of products. I honestly thought they were better than this.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Processing = making your product

Apple is sucking at supply, production, and delivery of products. I honestly thought they were better than this.

Yea, what kind of customer service is that, if they ship it out earlier then projected.

If they knew what they were doing they should let you wait an extra week or two ;)

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Mine (actually my mom's) has shipped early, too. It was originally scheduled for an 11/16 delivery. Now, it will be here on 11/12 according to the tracking. Too bad it is coming to my office and we are closed for Veteran's Day.

RockoDGrey

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Awesome! Glad to hear that RockoDGrey. I guess depending on how many orders were made on the 26th, and how quickly the minis are being processed for shipment, maybe mine will be prepped for shipment soon as well (my order was placed on the 27th)...fingers crossed!

Absolutely.

dpetey

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Exciting stuff. I ordered mine the morning of the 29th (white, 32gb) and it was set for delivery on the 16th. Today it changed to "Preparing for Shipment." Looks like I will be getting mine early. Enjoy mini-ing my friends! ;)

RockoDGrey

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012

Received a shipping notification sometime early this morning. Says if should arrive by tomorrow.

kodemunkey

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
New Mexico, USA
Received a shipping notification sometime early this morning. Says if should arrive by tomorrow.

That's excellent! I couldn't stand the wait any longer, so I tried my had at finding one in stock at my local Apple store, and to my delight I was able to reserve a 16GB Black & Slate model. I just received an email informing me that it is now available for pick-up! :D

I've since cancelled my online order...

nanotoj

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2010
That's excellent! I couldn't stand the wait any longer, so I tried my had at finding one in stock at my local Apple store, and to my delight I was able to reserve a 16GB Black & Slate model. I just received an email informing me that it is now available for pick-up! :D

I've since cancelled my online order...

I cancelled my online order in the store on 11/2. After staying up to preorder it, the date went from an 11/2 delivery date to 11/15 at 1:16am MST while still in my cart. It was very much worth it to just go get it in the store. I have been using my white 32gb mini since 8:30am 11/2 and it is wonderful. Hope all of you like it as much as you are expecting to.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
Thats mine info
Nov 8, 2012 2:45 PM In transit Location SHANGHAI CN Nov 8, 2012 2:42 PM International shipment release -Import Location SHANGHAI CN Nov 7, 2012 11:00 PM At local FedEx facility Location SHANGHAI CN Nov 6, 2012 9:18 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx Nov 6, 2012 8:28 PM Left FedEx origin facility Location SHANGHAI CN Nov 6, 2012 8:03 PM Picked up Location SHANGHAI CN Details Package received after FedEx cutoff

Now its Shipment Travel History Nov 8, 2012 10:44 PM In transit Location NARITA-SHI JP,

Looks like it is traveling everywhere :) China, Japan :), just cant wait :)
Ship date: Nov 6, 2012 Estimated delivery: Nov 12, 2012 by 4:30 PM

In alaska now anchorage.

Last edited:

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
Yesterday's delivery date was 13th Nov. Now today it's 14th Nov. Originally it was 15th Nov, even though I ordered within 5 minutes of it being available on the UK Apple site. I didn't order a case or 12 pin adapter at the same time in case they delayed the whole order. If I order them now I have to pay extra for postage. At the moment I'm a bit disappointed with Apple, but I might be sensitised because my £2080 iMac still has the shutdown instead of sleep problem and is as sluggish as hell. Today I heard that Apple stock has fallen almost 20% since Sept. Get a grip Apple! Put Jonathan Ives in charge and sharpish!

MacMilligan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Mine just hit Japan, still says it will arrive on the 12th. They shipped it on the 6th, so it certainly isn't quick shipping haha.

Wonder why the white is under tighter constraints? Apple thought the black would be more popular?

MomAndrea

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
I pre-ordered my white 16G personalized mini sometime mid-morning on the 26th. It originally stated that it would be delivered on the 21st. This morning I received a shipment notification and it is scheduled to be delivered on the 14th via FedEx. I live outside of Peterborough, ON.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.