Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I'm at my limit with the appleTV. Youte works fine on my iphone and ipad, but on my ATV, youtube has to stop and buffer, very slowly, with each stream. Oddly, everything works fine on hulu.

I have reset everything, connected it to the router with an ethernet cable, tested the connection (30 down, 1 up) and nothing! What is wrong? Some days I will see the buffer bar fly across the bottom of the screen. Most days, it does this.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
I'm at my limit with the appleTV. Youte works fine on my iphone and ipad, but on my ATV, youtube has to stop and buffer, very slowly, with each stream. Oddly, everything works fine on hulu.

I have reset everything, connected it to the router with an ethernet cable, tested the connection (30 down, 1 up) and nothing! What is wrong? Some days I will see the buffer bar fly across the bottom of the screen. Most days, it does this.

I'm having a similar issue tonight with Netflix. Worked fine last night, tonight it is constantly pausing. All other Netflix devices are fine (ie PS3 and iPad).

stardustx7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
This tells me the issue isn't with your Apple TV but with the servers.

Absolutely agree. Mind you, you will notice a great difference in speed with episodes that are no "trending" with those that nobody watches any longer from previous seasons. source: tubeinsiders

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.