Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Hi,

I'm in UK and I'm a college student.

When Black Friday come here, discounts will be similar as the education, but I think education will be bigger one.

Will it be possible to combine them two and buy a Mac? Or just only one like Education Discount only?

Because when you think, students will not benefit from it at all if its not bigger than current discounts and I get that discount without the Black Friday deal...

Thanks!

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Apple won't give you both discounts. You will get the biggest discount. Which will probably be the student discount. Compare the discounts first, but as a student you will probably also get discounted AppleCare as well, this is dependant on what college/uni you attend.

Efrem

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2009
The education store doesn't offer discounts as such. It doesn't say "£100 off a MacBook Air" or anything like that. They offer different, often lower, prices. Those prices are what they are. If you find a lower price anywhere else, whether it's a Black Friday sale price on apple.com or a bargain at your local computer shop, you're free to take it. However, you can't say "the education price for this is £100 lower than the usual price, and I'm a student, so I want £100 off your sale price too." It doesn't work that way.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
The education store doesn't offer discounts as such. It doesn't say "£100 off a MacBook Air" or anything like that. They offer different, often lower, prices. Those prices are what they are. If you find a lower price anywhere else, whether it's a Black Friday sale price on apple.com or a bargain at your local computer shop, you're free to take it. However, you can't say "the education price for this is £100 lower than the usual price, and I'm a student, so I want £100 off your sale price too." It doesn't work that way.
Don't you think I'm stupid. ;)

Anyway, thanks for advice, now I know I don't have to rush then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.