Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
This is my very first time purchasing something from iTunes. I purchased a full HD movie for 19.99 and honestly this is my first time actually paying for content such as a movie online. I would always use a client like Limewire for media such as movies and songs but this is my first time actually purchasing such content. I feel a bid torn as to say that I almost feel as if I got ripped off when comparing prices online for the actual full HD movie on disc and or on Blu-Ray. The movie I purchased is *The Expendables 2* well currently its downloading and I am curious to know if the file can be saved to my computer or if it just stays stuck within iTunes? is there a way to have the actually file saved to my computer? if so any help doing this would be greatly greatly appreciated.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
This is my very first time purchasing something from iTunes. I purchased a full HD movie for 19.99 and honestly this is my first time actually paying for content such as a movie online. I would always use a client like Limewire for media such as movies and songs but this is my first time actually purchasing such content. I feel a bid torn as to say that I almost feel as if I got ripped off when comparing prices online for the actual full HD movie on disc and or on Blu-Ray. The movie I purchased is *The Expendables 2* well currently its downloading and I am curious to know if the file can be saved to my computer or if it just stays stuck within iTunes? is there a way to have the actually file saved to my computer? if so any help doing this would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Its being downloaded to your computer. You can re-download it on all of you Apple devices tied in with you iTunes account.

If you have an Apple TV it can be streamed from that also or via HomeSharing.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Its being downloaded to your computer. You can re-download it on all of you Apple devices tied in with you iTunes account.

If you have an Apple TV it can be streamed from that also or via HomeSharing.

Where on my computer do I find the file?

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
In your iTunes media folder. You can find where it is if you go to preferences in iTunes.

It will be DRM protected though

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I'm on Win7, where or how do I find and access the folder that contains the movie so I can have the actual file?

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
I'm on Win7, where or how do I find and access the folder that contains the movie so I can have the actual file?

Find the file in iTunes, under "Movies".

Click on it to highlight it, then do CTRL+I to bring up the files' properties.

The first tab shows you the actual path to the file.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Find the file in iTunes, under "Movies".

Click on it to highlight it, then do CTRL+I to bring up the files' properties.

The first tab shows you the actual path to the file.

Thank you. I was actually able to find it yesterday but I guess because of the type of file it is it can't be played with Windows Media Player or most other media players. The only media player its able to be played on is QuickTime.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Thank you. I was actually able to find it yesterday but I guess because of the type of file it is it can't be played with Windows Media Player or most other media players. The only media player its able to be played on is QuickTime.

Thats because it has DRM protection, which only allows you to play it in iTunes and Quicktime on your computer because its authorized by your Apple ID. It won't play in most other media players because of the file format.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Thats because it has DRM protection, which only allows you to play it in iTunes and Quicktime on your computer because its authorized by your Apple ID. It won't play in most other media players because of the file format.

Ah I see. So now if I chose to change my Apple ID in the future would everything that I purchased carry over to the new Apple ID?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.