Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

normalphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Hi,
My iphone 5 got hundreds of dead pixels, all over the screen.
see attached pic of dead pixels..
i think those are dead -they are purple not white
Apple phone support insist i will try all kinds of restores, hard resets etc.
does anyone here know this can actually help?

I bought the phone in canada and i'm in Europe, any idea how can I get the phone replaced without getting back to canada?

apple are not very helpful

Attachments

• iphone-pixels.jpg
    iphone-pixels.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 412

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
Did you try going into an Apple store (it's not 100% clear from your post)?

Is your phone factory unlocked purchased from Apple?

I've heard that some people have been able to get a warranty replacement in another country but then others have said the warranty is only valid in the country where it was purchased.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
If you have Apple Care you might could go in a store for replacement ... But not sure what happen to the SIM registration once your device changed. Any plan to go back to home country for holiday season ? Or possible to send It back and ask someone to change in Canada and rent a phone to bridge the time

normalphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Did you try going into an Apple store (it's not 100% clear from your post)?

Is your phone factory unlocked purchased from Apple?

I've heard that some people have been able to get a warranty replacement in another country but then others have said the warranty is only valid in the country where it was purchased.

Nope.. only phone support. they told me they will service me only in canada

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Woah, did the screen just start doing that or did something happen to the phone? Just making sure because if something happened to it, then the store probably won't help you out anyway.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Whoa, yeah go to the nearest Apple store and show them what your phone just did and ask if they can help you with it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.