Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asimmd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
UK
I wanted to sync my iPad to my Mac Mini,but when I connected it through the lead,I get a message which tells me that my iPad is Synced to my PC.

As I can only Sync to one computer,it asks if it should delete the iPad,and Sync to the Mac Mini.

Question is,what does it delete,and are there any problems doing this?

Thanks

Alan

Darby67

macrumors 6502
I wanted to sync my iPad to my Mac Mini,but when I connected it through the lead,I get a message which tells me that my iPad is Synced to my PC.

As I can only Sync to one computer,it asks if it should delete the iPad,and Sync to the Mac Mini.

Question is,what does it delete,and are there any problems doing this?

Thanks

Alan

It will delete all data on your iPad.

Hermelo

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Another way

Hi asimmd,

I saw your last message and made my subscription in this forum to try to help you.

Altough I´m new here, I do have some time with Macs, igadgets & PCs, so I´ve been trough situations like yours in the past.

What you could do to not have to re-download all your stuff (or lose progress, saved files in apps etc) is connect your iPad in windows without syncing it, left-click on your iPad in the left menu, click "transfer purchases" and authorize your new computer (you may have to unauthorize some other computer if you reached the limit - I believe is 5 diferent machines).

Once you transfered your vital stuff, you can safely wipe and sync.

I have an Mac Mini (late 2009), one early 2008 macbook white with stays with my gf (and runs pretty well Lion & Win7 via Bootcamp), one Early 2012 11" MBA, one iPad2 and one (work) windows sammy RF400 notebook, also an iPod touch and an iPhone GS3, although this one retired last month in favor of GS3, so I did had passed trough it, but I´m not sure how it is now in the newer softwares.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.