Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Songs I download from the internet that I manually added song info and artwork to in iTunes is now having artwork of a different song on my iPod touch 5G. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354070622.589965.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354070629.918684.jpg
For Disco Pogo it was: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354070688.917025.jpg
Any Fix or maybe I will purchase tuneup.
These are just a few.

Last edited:

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Do you ever open Windows Media Player? If so, that's probably the culprit. If you rip a mix CD then assign artwork to a track, all the tracks get that artwork assigned. Windows thinks it's being helpful but it's a pain. I don't know an easy fix if this happened to you but you can edit/remove artwork in iTunes per song or per group of songs (if you do have an album). Then, never use artwork in Media Player again!

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
- try using this program, just add the mp3 files and let it scan first, so you can see what files have problem and what files don't, then repair, by default it'll back up your mp3 files first (you can change this to not back up in settings, which i don't recommend doing), so you don't have to worry it messes up your mp3 files.

for more information about this program, you can go to program homepage http://www.gromkov.com/faq/repair/mp3_validator.html

- tuneup media is a good program to auto-tag your library, but i don't use it, i prefer manual tagging because i can tag my own "format", for ex: tuneup would do artist: "Justin Bieber Feat. Whoever and Someone", what I would do (My "format") is "Justin Bieber ft. Whoever & Someone". But before i manually tag i use winamp auto-tagger feature so it can automatically tag for me (like tuneup), and then i change its "format" to my "format" - much quicker. so i don't really see the need of purchasing tuneup

- change windows media player settings so it won't download/replace/change your artwork or tags

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
- try using this program, just add the mp3 files and let it scan first, so you can see what files have problem and what files don't, then repair, by default it'll back up your mp3 files first (you can change this to not back up in settings, which i don't recommend doing), so you don't have to worry it messes up your mp3 files.

for more information about this program, you can go to program homepage http://www.gromkov.com/faq/repair/mp3_validator.html

- tuneup media is a good program to auto-tag your library, but i don't use it, i prefer manual tagging because i can tag my own "format", for ex: tuneup would do artist: "Justin Bieber Feat. Whoever and Someone", what I would do (My "format") is "Justin Bieber ft. Whoever & Someone". But before i manually tag i use winamp auto-tagger feature so it can automatically tag for me (like tuneup), and then i change its "format" to my "format" - much quicker. so i don't really see the need of purchasing tuneup

- change windows media player settings so it won't download/replace/change your artwork or tags

I like my music library looking like I bought every song on iTunes if u know what I mean

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
I like my music library looking like I bought every song on iTunes if u know what I mean

well then do whatever you want and don't bother asking for help in this forum because what i understand from your posts is you downloaded mp3 songs from internet, you added artworks to those songs using itunes which is the program that does not actually embed artworks to the ID3 tag (if you know what ID3 tag really means) of the mp3 files, and on your ipod it does not display the right artwork you added and the program i recommended is supposed to fix the issue you're having and you don't need it you want your music library looks like you bought every song on iTunes so this is my last post in this thread since i'm pretty dumb and don't know what you really want

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.