Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fedemac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Buenos Aires
Hi! I'm going to USA for two months and I will need a SIM mainly for incoming calls, but messages is definitely what I'm going to use the most. I'm not looking for data usage or things like this, so I was wondering which is the best and cheapest option to get a prepaid nano sim card just for using it for that period of time. I already have an unlocked iPhone 5, so the only thing I need is the SIM.

Thanks!

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
Just get the micro / normal sim and cut it with cutter. That's what I did.

Fedemac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Buenos Aires
Ok, thanks.
I won't have any problem with the type of SIM they give me, and apart of that, what company and plan do you recommend me for what I need? I need the cheapest one because I'm not going to use it very much, but I still need it in case of emergency or specific occasions.
I'm asking this because looking in the web (AT&T, T-Mobile) I realise they give a prepaid plan but also paying a low range phone and I just need the SIM.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what I'm trying to say :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.