Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
I'm being a bit anal here, but I've scuffed my bezzel and my case literally made marks on my back of my IP5.

Can you get them cleaned/ reanodized/ replaced and what type of cost is it?

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Not for less than a replacement phone. Put a case on it and be done with it, or strip off the coating and polish it.

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Not for less than a replacement phone. Put a case on it and be done with it, or strip off the coating and polish it.

The case I had marked the back of my iphone. So annoyed. I might end up doing the bezel polishing if I can't get a replacement for the battery.

steph280

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Orange County, CA
I read somewhere that due to the high tolerances Apple required, the glass and bezel are picked from a batch and matched within fractions of millimeters. So even if you can find replacement parts, they might fit one phone but not the other.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I read somewhere that due to the high tolerances Apple required, the glass and bezel are picked from a batch and matched within fractions of millimeters. So even if you can find replacement parts, they might fit one phone but not the other.

Can you enlighten me on why it wouldn't fit? To me all iPhone 5's look exactly the same, and I've seen quite a few in person, none ever looked bigger or smaller than the others. I always thought it was machine cut so it was very high accuracy

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
Can you enlighten me on why it wouldn't fit? To me all iPhone 5's look exactly the same, and I've seen quite a few in person, none ever looked bigger or smaller than the others. I always thought it was machine cut so it was very high accuracy

They are machine cut to within microns based on the best cut for that particular piece of aluminum. In the video about the iPhone, they said that there are 750 different cuts that the computer chooses from. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.