Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhdeurope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Hi everyone

Any ideas why my macbook pro 13" shuts down if I move it when it is plugged in on mains power? When it's on battery alone it's absolutely okay. I've had the computer for 2 yrs and this only started happening a few months ago. If it's plugged in and, for example, on my lap and I move it to the table, if I hear the click of the sudden motion sensor engaging, everything goes black. So I restart it, it takes a while to boot up, then says "Your computer's clock is set to a date before Jan 1, 2008. This may cause some applications to behave erratically." So I set the time/date manually, but it takes 10 mins+ before it will find wifi, saying "none of your preferred networks are available." Then when I plug the magnet mains cord back in, the green light doesn't go on, so I unplug it from the wall, wait a few seconds, plug it back in and then it's okay. Many thanks if anyone has a suggestion.
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Battery Health Information:Cycle count: 93 Condition: Normal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.