Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
We have seen the uneven backlighting issue on some post so we don't know yet how often it happens. I propose one thing for those who have just got the new iMac:

-Select a completly BLACK jpeg pic and turn off the lights, then take a picture so we can see if it happens frecuently....

This is important, thanks guys.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
We have seen the uneven backlighting issue on some post so we don't know yet how often it happens. I propose one thing for those who have just got the new iMac:

-Select a completly BLACK jpeg pic and turn off the lights, then take a picture so we can see if it happens frecuently....

You might find that a good idea but I don't, let people just enjoy their new imac's, if there is something wrong with the screen we will automatically find out here with real people with this problem.
Hell,even if they had most people don't even realize or care.

This topic is unnecessary.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
You might find that a good idea but I don't, let people just enjoy their new imac's, if there is something wrong with the screen we will automatically find out here with real people with this problem.

It's just for know if it's an isolated problem or a common problem. I think it could be interesting. I think you should not judge if something is necessary or not, simply don't click more on the post, good luck guy.

bo-waleed

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2009

I totally agree.

Just enjoy your new imac.

Some people may never realize it but if they try this method and found this they will panic :eek:

Trojans

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
I totally agree.

Just enjoy your new imac.

Some people may never realize it but if they try this method and found this they will panic :eek:

That's what happened to me. I should have never ever, ever, tested my iMac. Damn, I'm sooooooo disappointed. My wonderful night just gone.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
It's just for know if it's an isolated problem or a common problem. I think it could be interesting. I think you should not judge if something is necessary or not, simply don't click more on the post, good luck guy.

See what you did below!

That's what happened to me. I should have never ever, ever, tested my iMac. Damn, I'm sooooooo disappointed. My wonderful night just gone.

Or is this meant to be sarcatic:)Edit: No it is not, I saw your thread, link below.

21.5 iMac 2012 DISPLAY ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Once I receive my 27" iMac I will LOOK for these issues. There is NO WAY I will accept pressure marks, dead pixels, image retention, non-uniform colors, and especially backlight bleeding. As soon as your 14 day return/holiday return period is over, Apple won't accomodate to your wishes. I have personally experienced this for my rMBP and it took 4 months to make it right. Also, because I am an animator, it is essential for me to receive a perfect color uniformed screen for color composition accuracy. Even other occupations will most likely follow my paranoid behavior, like photographers, graphic designers, architects, and others in the art field so I'm not alone.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
I remember seeing or reading somewhere (may have been apples keynote) that on these new iMacs each and every one was supposed to have the screen manually calibrated/tested etc. these issues should have been picked up there surely? I have a 27" pre ordered, I sure do hope my screen is perfect at the price I've paid for it.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Once I receive my 27" iMac I will LOOK for these issues. There is NO WAY I will accept pressure marks, dead pixels, image retention, non-uniform colors, and especially backlight bleeding. As soon as your 14 day return/holiday return period is over, Apple won't accomodate to your wishes. I have personally experienced this for my rMBP and it took 4 months to make it right. Also, because I am an animator, it is essential for me to receive a perfect color uniformed screen for color composition accuracy. Even other occupations will most likely follow my paranoid behavior, like photographers, graphic designers, architects, and others in the art field so I'm not alone.

Oh, I completely agree with you but the OP started a thread for no reasons, if there are issues with them they will start new threads on this topic.

Yes, if your job involves high accuracy of a screen it must be perfect but if you are that kind of pro then maybe you should also choose a Pro screen.
And I don't see that an iMac is a Pro machine.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Oh, I completely agree with you but the OP started a thread for no reasons, if there are issues with them they will start new threads on this topic.

Yes, if your job involves high accuracy of a screen it must be perfect but if you are that kind of pro then maybe you should also choose a Pro screen.
And I don't see that an iMac is a Pro machine.

iMac is not a "Pro" machine? what is it, a game console? DO YOU KNOW WHAT 1400€ or more mean??? Are you rich like Paris Hilton or what!!

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008

Here we go again déjà vu from the iPad forum.....looking for problems.

----------

iMac is not a "Pro" machine? what is it, a game console? DO YOU KNOW WHAT 1400€ or more mean??? Are you rich like Paris Hilton or what!!

iMac is NOT a pro machine :) if your looking for a pro machine you might pay 1400 for a decent wide gamut screen....alone...

sno1man

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011

You go first Sparky. You will be doing the world a service :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.