Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foamingpanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
To anyone who may be able to help, I'm using an iphone 4 version 5.0.1 JB'd. I re-sprung my phone through SBS and it got stucked on the "Restarting Springboard..." page.

Here's the thing, my phone's still alive; I can still take screen shots with it, toggle silent mode, receive calls etc., despite the frozen screen. So I need a solution to reboot it via the PC, because using the hard reset way (Power+home buttons) does not work. It's awake and locked, and my touch can't navigate pass the lockscreen apparently.

So far, I've come across only one thread with the possibility of what I'm looking for, right here, but it's no longer available.

I presume the only way left is to let the phone run out of juice on its own and i'd boot it up as per normal, but it seems silly to me, especially, if the problem revisits. I didn't had a chance to rectify the cause because it froze.

Just in case it does happen again, I hope someone can let me know if there's a rebooter software out there I could try.

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.