Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redsoxguy676

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Allentown, PA LTE is live. I live in a suburb of the city.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

cavemonkey50

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2007
Allentown, PA
I don't see it yet on the west end of Allentown. Did you have to do anything to get it to show up?

Edit: Nevermind, I toggled Airplane mode and it showed up. I have a really weak signal at my office, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the speeds are like elsewhere.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I got it at work in Bethlehem. I will have to check at home in Lower Nazareth between Bethlehem and Easton to see if it reaches there. I got 30Mbps at work on Speedtest.

I wonder how the speed will hold up once word spreads, and everyone starts turning on LTE.

And also will fake 4G speeds start increasing as people switch on LTE?

Last edited:

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Well we're living here in Allentown
And they're closing all the EDGE Lines down
Out in Bethlehem they're killing time
Filling out forms
Standing in line.

Well our fathers fought the Cingular War
Spent their weekends on the Jersey Shore
Met our mothers at the Corporate Store
Asked them to Text
Texted with them slow
And we're living here in Allentown.

But our data was handed down
And it's getting very hard to paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Well we're waiting here in Allentown
For the Pennsylvania LTE we never found
For the promises our carriers gave
If we followed their limits
If we behaved.

So the Speedtests hang on the wall
But they never really helped us at all
No they never taught us what was real
4g and LTE,
Overages a steal.

And we're no longer waiting here in Allentown.

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
15mbps is not what you should be getting from LTE!

Here in the UK, our 3G speeds on some networks hit 23mbps if your phone is compatible

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
It's good to see that AT&T is rolling out LTE in the outlying areas around Philly. I live in Coatesville and we're still waiting for full LTE to be rolled out here. I get LTE where I work in KOP, but when I get home, I'm only on HSPA+.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
And now a bug appears :( On my phone and someone I work with, if we make or receive a call, it goes down to 4G, which is normal. However, it never returns to LTE when the call ends unless we either:

1. Toggle Airplane Mode
2. Toggle LTE
3. Reboot

Toggling Cellular data doesn't change it back to LTE. Is there an app that can toggle airplane mode or LTE? Thanks.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
And now a bug appears :( On my phone and someone I work with, if we make or receive a call, it goes down to 4G, which is normal. However, it never returns to LTE when the call ends unless we either:

1. Toggle Airplane Mode
2. Toggle LTE
3. Reboot

Toggling Cellular data doesn't change it back to LTE. Is there an app that can toggle airplane mode or LTE? Thanks.

No, app. But this has happened on my S3 and iPhone. Best way is to just lock the phone for a couple seconds, and then it should automatically jump back on.

I think it's like 10-15 seconds of inactivity lets it hop back onto LTE. If you hang up and continue using the phone, data will just go over HSPA+, so the phone doesn't seek LTE

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
No, app. But this has happened on my S3 and iPhone. Best way is to just lock the phone for a couple seconds, and then it should automatically jump back on.

I think it's like 10-15 seconds of inactivity lets it hop back onto LTE. If you hang up and continue using the phone, data will just go over HSPA+, so the phone doesn't seek LTE

Thanks. Yea, I tried locking, too; I guess I just didn't wait long enough. Airplane isn't too bad since it right at the beginning of settings. Would just be cool if there was something right on the homescreen to touch to reset it.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
No LTE for me today at all. I think they were just testing it yesterday.

Yea it's probably in initial testing now. I saw 15Mbps in Emmaus today, but nothing at all at home in Lower Nazareth. Hopefully once it is in full swing, it will have the range and strength that Verizon had once they opened in Lehigh Valley PA.

redsoxguy676

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Was out in the Lehigh Valley Hospital area on cedar crest blvd at i78 yesterday got these speeds:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.