Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Anyone use these? I'm definitely glad I got one and I'll definitely use it for traveling and flying. I've dealt with scratches in the past as a result of airport security carelessly handling my machine and kind of throwing it around in those plastic bins. I'm hoping the Moshi case will help protect against this.

Anyway does anyone keep their case on all the time? There's no way the hard plastic interior of the case could scratch the aluminum?

Normally, I would keep the case off and let the aluminum show but it's also nice to have the option of an alternative color scheme along with some added protection.

Last edited:

nho11

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Scratch

Anyway does anyone keep their case on all the time? There's no way the hard plastic interior of the case could scratch the aluminum?

I used a similar case for a while on a MBA and one the kindle. I found that the aluminum will scratch. It is not from the case itself, but from debris. If you use it take the case off and clean the device very once in a while. I never took the case of the kindle and after it fell off the nightstand I had to adjust the screen protector. I remove the case and found the back to be very scratched up.

Good luck.

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Anyone use these? I'm definitely glad I got one and I'll definitely use it for traveling and flying. I've dealt with scratches in the past as a result of airport security carelessly handling my machine and kind of throwing it around in those plastic bins. I'm hoping the Moshi case will help protect against this.

Normally, I would keep the case off and let the aluminum show but it's also nice to have the option of an alternative color scheme along with some added protection.

I have a Moshi iGlaze on my Air, and I love it. It is by far the best looking of the shell cases. Like any case, you do need to remove every now and then to clean any debris that has managed to get between and the laptop, otherwise the debris could scratch the MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.