Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Hello All,

Verizon Wireless. iPhone 5 purchased at Apple Store.

Background: I broke my 4s's screen on cement totally shattering the front screen (no Apple Care) but I want to get it replaced - I'm willing to pay the $200 or $150 to get it replaced.

Background: I got an iPhone 5 (17 days since I bought it) with AppleCare+ and after 1+ years of a nekkid iPhone 4s with 0 scratches -- I've got a .5 cm scratch on the front screen, scratches on the back, and black paint chipping off the phone like crazy. WiFi doesn't give internet access on some routers.

Questions:
1. Is it $150 or $200 to replace the front glass on a 4s? I hear they don't actually replace the glass but just give you a refurbished phone? Do you guys/gals know? If no refurbished, how long does the screen repair take?

2. Re iPhone 5: Is there anyway to return this or get it exchanged? I wouldn't mind going up to 32GB but I imagine the scratches and chipping paint makes that ineligible even though I'm within the 30 days?

3. I read that you can return after 30 days - I wouldn't mind paying for the damage I've done but I'd like to get my Upgrade back. If I return the iPhone 5 (if they let me) will I get my Verizon upgrade back? (Purchased 17 days ago).

I don't think my 5 is going to last very well. Because of that I'm repairing my 4s and am planning on using it for most of my texting - going to use skype to call, etc so I don't wear out my 5...

Thanks for the information and the time,

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
This sums it up.

Attachments

• racist-dirty-harry-meme-generator-today-s-fortune-says-you-re-****-out-of-luck-c49282.jpg
    racist-dirty-harry-meme-generator-today-s-fortune-says-you-re-****-out-of-luck-c49282.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 103

Apple Techs

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Phoenix, Az
Just order a new 4s screen or a cdma screen and cut it to fit repair should take a newbie like 1 hour to do follow ifixit and you are golden

don't pay $200 for a new 4s you can even have it repaired at a shop for $70-$100

or people buy em like that for about $200

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i just got a replacement 4S screen for my brother on icracked for $74. and the replacement screen comes with tools needed for the repair, directions and video tutorials. screw paying $150-200 for a whole replacement. took me about an hour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.