Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
I want this case too! Could anyone share some photos here?
I wanna buy the pink one, but it is not yet available in Hong Kong. :(

spenceredwinm

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
I love this case, and I'm very particular. I got mine a few days ago and I have no complaints. It adds very little bulk to the mini, which is important to me, but it doesn't feel cheap. The back cover has a very nice feel to it. The front cover contorts any way you want and stays flat against the back when you want it to. I had read that the one for the full sized iPad would sometime activate the sleep function when it was folded back, but I haven't had that happen yet. Overall, I am very pleased. Hope this helps!

peridot9799

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
I absolutely love the VersaCover case for my iPad 3. When I knew that Moshi also makes one for the Mini, I immediately ordered one. The one that I ordered is in Denim Blue. Like the big iPad case, the Mini version of VersaCover case is light, slim and pretty. The sleep/wake function works well. The first time I tried to stand the Mini in portrait mode, the Mini kept fell flat on the table. I think it's because the cover was kind of stiff out of the box. After some extensive use, now it stands steadier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 664

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
i bought this case today, it's really great!
But the Pink colour is very disappointing! it is not really pink.....just dirty red...:(:(:(
So i bought the grey one.

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpeg
    IMG_1608.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_6240.jpeg
    IMG_6240.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_6265.jpeg
    IMG_6265.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_9917.jpeg
    IMG_9917.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 387

ninermac

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Thanks so much for the info on this case... looks like just the ticket for me as I want to be able to be able to stand it up in portrait as well as landscape.

The only thing I wish is they would sell minus teh back cover...

Raeni20

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Has anyone seen the green one in person? How does it compare to the website picture?

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I was going to get this, but I was afraid I'd get annoyed by all the folding. I'll see how the smart cover works, and if it's not to my liking, then I'll try this one out.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for the pics! I have this case on order, but not receiving it until Wednesday. How thin are the back shell and cover? In regards to the back shell are we talking Incipio Feather thin, or about the standard thickness of most back shells? The reason I ask is because I am hoping to be able to slip the iPad+case into a sleeve. I currently have the Devicewear Ridge and it's a bit too thick for the sleeve... It fits, but takes too much work to get in and out of the sleeve.

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the pics! I have this case on order, but not receiving it until Wednesday. How thin are the back shell and cover? In regards to the back shell are we talking Incipio Feather thin, or about the standard thickness of most back shells? The reason I ask is because I am hoping to be able to slip the iPad+case into a sleeve. I currently have the Devicewear Ridge and it's a bit too thick for the sleeve... It fits, but takes too much work to get in and out of the sleeve.
I think it is thinner than the Devicewear Ridge:)

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Will the back shell fit if there's protective film on the mini? I worked so hard at getting it on, I'd hate to have to remove it. Lol.

I actually pre-ordered this from a reseller on Amazon on Dec. 3 and still have not gotten it. I've requested they cancel my order and I placed an order directly with Moshi so I hope to finally have it in a week or so. *sigh*

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I got my Versacover in today and am very impressed. It's very thin w/o feeling cheap. The origami cover has been done before, but Moshi's implementation of it is the best I have seen. They have a few suggested folds, but I have found a couple (one for "movie" and one from typing) that I like better. No matter how many times and ways I fold this cover it still manages to stay flat when put back as a cover. Also, the magnet on the back of the case to hold the cover while flipped back is a nice touch.

I had reservations on paying $50 for this case, but it has quickly replaced the Devicewear Ridge as my favorite case.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Whoa, I've seen how much you liked the Ridge. This must be a very good case.

Yeah, I should probably clarify. If price was not a consideration then I prefer the Moshi. The Ridge is a great case at a great value and I still have no problem about recommending it. The Moshi is well-made, thin, and still versatile due to the origami cover. I feel it's at least $10 over priced, but I like it so much it doesn't bother me.

tvhaugen

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
I think I have settled on the Moshi Versicase for my ipad mini, but was wondering how folks are liking this case after a few weeks of use. Thanks!

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I bought this case for my iPad 3 when it came out. Just pulled the trigger on one for my Mini. Cannot wait to get it!.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.