Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VAvW

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
As the title of this thread goes, I orderded within (three) hours of the 2012 iMac going live... still processing.

Ordered on the website, from the Netherlands, 3.4GHz, 8GB, 3TB Fusion, 680MX.
Shipping in 2-3 weeks, delivery 28-31 December.

Please post with BTO and shipping details, perhaps we can filter out a pattern..!

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I think the pattern is there is no pattern. but since they guaranteed a 2-3 weeks of delivery the first day, your order has to be shipped next week.

VAvW

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Oh, I'm not worried that it won't, I consider it to remain on track. But seeing a lot of early, even later orders shipping already makes me wonder why that is...

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Same here, the Netherlands, 3.4GHz, 8GB, 1TB Fusion, 680MX. Still processing... Ordered 1:30 pm 30 nov. I had to pay with wire transfer, and suddenly it changed to 3-4 weeks when they got my money. My date is now 2-7 jan... *cries*

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Maybe Apple doesn't like the dutch :p
Just kidding :D

Lol, I almost believe it. I have made my own plan. Since my date is 3-4 weeks, and the 2-3 weeks orderd started shipping a week ago, I guess mine is going to preparing for shipment monday or tuesday. Please Apple, I'm the sweetest girl of the whole Netherlands! ^^

Snoezzz

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
The Netherlands
Same here, the Netherlands, 3.4GHz, 8GB, 1TB Fusion, 680MX. Still processing... Ordered 1:30 pm 30 nov. I had to pay with wire transfer, and suddenly it changed to 3-4 weeks when they got my money. My date is now 2-7 jan... *cries*

Just like me Bintje, i think they actually accepted the order after the money transfer was verified... We were put back in the line!:mad: :D

Mine is still processing, maybe they are saving up the Dutch iMacs and ship them at once? :rolleyes:

VAvW

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Just hoping that the next time I check my order status it is "Preparing for Shipment", or even "Shipped"... like I have been hoping since the first post about (far) earlier than indicated shipments appeared on this forum.

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
I purchased mine a couple of days after launch and got it yesterday ;)

I also purchased a violin and play just for you. Bless you and your first world problems, bless you all. :p

VAvW

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
What if...

What if I called Apple and asked them to delay my order, could that cause it to ship within days? A later shipping date seems to lead to earlier shipping for plenty of orders placed Dec 1-2-3.

Not so for a lot of Nov 30's: P-r-o-c-e-s-s-i-n-g-g-g-g-ggggggg.
Processing with no freebies like the keyboards, trackpads or Apple TV's that were added to orders delivered a week ago.

Someone please chime in and convince me the above makes perfect sense. Preferably Tim Cook himself. Please?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.