Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I tend to type really quick and jumble words at times, would be pretty nice to have....perhaps through an extension or something? :p:apple:

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
If you're on OS X 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion there is spell checking available. It's not universal since some applications don't use a standard text box.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I tend to type really quick and jumble words at times, would be pretty nice to have....perhaps through an extension or something? :p:apple:

Mountain Lion has iOS like spell check APIs, it is up to the developer if they implement it in their application. It is supported in Mail and Safari though - which can be rather annoying at times, it autocorrects names and terminology. I have already sent out some rather weird emails ;)

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
If you're on OS X 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion there is spell checking available. It's not universal since some applications don't use a standard text box.

Mountain Lion has iOS like spell check APIs, it is up to the developer if they implement it in their application. It is supported in Mail and Safari though - which can be rather annoying at times, it autocorrects names and terminology. I have already sent out some rather weird emails ;)

How is it enabled I'll give it a shot. I looked in System settings and keyboard and didn't see anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.