Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amaturtechguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
ipod touch 4g 8gb with a crack screen. i knew it was working when i took off the screen because i used the sound of siri as an indicator. when i got the new part in i installed it and a white screen apeared. on google it said the part did not connect to the ipod properly and i would have to restore. when i was restoring 3/4 done it stopped and gave an error code (-1) no it is not being recognized by itunes and it will not turn on (no sound) not jailbroken:confused:

Apple Techs

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Phoenix, Az
what happens alot with the ipod touch when you are putting a new digi/lcd is the power gets turned on in the process which when you hit the sleep/wake button it will show a white lcd

the way to resolve issue is to power cycle the ipod (hold the power and home button for like 10-15 sec)

Now that your ipod isn't getting recognized it sounds like there may be more going on hook it up to a charger let it sit for like 45min then see what is going on and post what is happening

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.