Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubsiphone5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
My iPhone 5 is about a month old and I absolutely love it. Came from the first driod which sucked. I'm not sure if "push" has something to do with it or not but each time I get a regular email, I get 2 notifications in my message center and the same email twice. See below. What can I do so I only get one notice per email? Thanks for answering my FIRST question!!

Attachments

• IMG_0226.PNG
    IMG_0226.PNG
    160.3 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0227.PNG
    IMG_0227.PNG
    75.6 KB · Views: 273

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
It looks like you have two mailboxes enabled to receive mail (or something similar). Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > [name of email account] > Mail Folders To Push and then only select your inbox or any other folder you want pushed. (If you're not sure, uncheck it)

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Are you using gmail and an exchange account? If so disable the gmail account in settings on the phone, the email will arrive through the exchange account.

dubsiphone5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I have 2 yahoo email accounts. One is my personal account and the other is my ebay account because I do a lot of selling on eBay and want to know when things sell and when I get questions. No google account on the phone.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I have 2 yahoo email accounts. One is my personal account and the other is my ebay account because I do a lot of selling on eBay and want to know when things sell and when I get questions. No google account on the phone.

Do you have emails from one forwarded to the other?

dubsiphone5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Not really sure how that works. They are both yahoo accounts and they do show up in one inbox......so I guess that would be a yes!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.