Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josephkyles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
I recently tried to open an old iPhoto library and since its been a while since I've done so it needed to update the library. When it got to about 98% the app stalled and I eventually had to force quit the app. Now when I open the app all the events show but none of the pictures can be seen. Is there any way to redo the update that failed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
You can try rebuilding the iPhoto Library or running iPhoto First Aid, or restoring the library itself from a Time Machine backup. To try the rebuild/First Aid process, launch iPhoto holding the option and Command keys. Depending on your version of iPhoto, you will either see several checkboxes for running various operations on your iPhoto Library or 4 radio buttons. Do not run all of the operations simultaneously. As a start I would just choose the option(s) pertaining to the thumbnails, then moving onto the database as need be. It is unlikely to be an issue with the iPhoto Library permissions. You can compare the rebuild/First Aid options in article 1 and article 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.