Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troymdaniels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I'm not sure why I'm just noticing this now but it seems like there is a gray line that shows up when you're zoomed in on a webpage and scrolling that typically would be at the bottom of the screen but it seems like now it's about a quarter of the way up from the bottom of the screen. I've searched the forum and didn't see other posts specifically related to this other than one with no response is this after a new update? I've had iPads since the very first generation and I've never noticed this before and it's annoying as hell. Currently I'm using an iPad mini.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 1,135

troymdaniels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
This continues to drive me nuts. Can someone else with the mini please chime in if you experience the same line when even slightly zoomed in on a page and scrolling? It doesn't happen on the regular iPad and why they have the line mid screen is beyond me. Is this every mini?
***immediately after posting now I can't get it to show up? So this is only on occaision? Weird it literally just did it a min ago.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
That looks like the right/left scroll bar that's not refreshing or is becoming "attached" to the picture. Can you replicate it? If so, the more you zoom in the shorter the bar should be. If you tap or move the screen does it dissappear?

I wanna say I've seen it before but I don't recall if it was on my Mini or one of the other devices. I can't replicate it now though but the issue does seem familiar.

troymdaniels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
That looks like the right/left scroll bar that's not refreshing or is becoming "attached" to the picture. Can you replicate it? If so, the more you zoom in the shorter the bar should be. If you tap or move the screen does it dissappear?

I wanna say I've seen it before but I don't recall if it was on my Mini or one of the other devices. I can't replicate it now though but the issue does seem familiar.

It's already returned. Yes the more you zoom the smaller it becomes. I just don't understand why it's all of a sudden and not always there. It's definitely only when zoomed and the. Scrolling up and down, but the bar is the left to right scroll if that makes sense. I may stop by apple and listen to the "genius" because it bugs me and I want to know if its all minis

dwreck

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2006
I've experienced this on my mini. I found this thread by binging the issue. Now that I've found the thread, I can't recreate it. Bizarre.

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
This also happens on my iPad 3 running iOS 5.1.1. Odd enough, it didn't start until after I read this thread a few hours ago. :confused:

troymdaniels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Seems like it comes and goes but most often it's there, for me at least. I've yet to see much else anywhere. If someone is up to speed on reporting a bug by all means please do so.

ironbull45

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
Have same issue

Just started to compile evidence. Happens in every browser:

Safari
Chrome
Dolphin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 273

Namtaro

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
Still happens to me once in a while on Safari and Chrome.

If I want to get rid of it, I have to close Safari and delete it from the task manager. Happens randomly on any site, not sure how to reproduce it.

TheSwede

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2012
I have this issue as well - it comes and goes. If i pull up the multitask row, close/cancel the browser and then start it again, the line is gone.

During the two weeks i've owned the mini it has happened twice.
I've had the ipad4 for two months and it has never had this issue.

It's not really a big deal as long as it's not occuring all the time.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
I see that line a lot when zoomed in. I was afraid mine was broken. Sounds now like it's a software issue. Glad to see it isn't just me.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
I have not seen that kind of rendering errors but different kind of,web pages sometimes render corrupted, columns being misaligned, white boxes over content etc. Not what I expected to see with expensive device like this, but those are software based bugs atleast in my case because Safari is the only app which rendering errors, everything else works fine.

mypolar

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2014
This happens to me as well and agree with other posters it is related to zooming. I have a habit of resting my left thumb on the screen when scrolling. if you do this the ipad zooms. It might be a very slight zoom, so that it is not noticeable except for the grey line. If you pinch your finger together in to stop the Zooming the line will disappear ;). If you zoom in and out the line will get bigger and smaller.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
It may have something to do with the placement of the on screen keyboard even when it is not in use. I thought I had a problem similar to this, but cant recall the solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.