Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I've just updated iTunes to the latest version and I don't like how the bar at the bottom no longer shows the storage allocation of the device at the bottom unless you hover over it, only a status bar with colours. When choosing music etc to sync with my idevices it's nice to see how much storage is being used where, and how much is left without having to, for example, select an album to sync then having to hover over the bar to see how much you've got left to see if you've got room to sync anything else. Is there a way you can get the storage to show all the time, ie permanently show how much storage is being used by music, photos etc and how much is left without having to hover over the bar?

Cheers.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I've just updated iTunes to the latest version and I don't like how the bar at the bottom no longer shows the storage allocation of the device at the bottom unless you hover over it, only a status bar with colours. When choosing music etc to sync with my idevices it's nice to see how much storage is being used where, and how much is left without having to, for example, select an album to sync then having to hover over the bar to see how much you've got left to see if you've got room to sync anything else. Is there a way you can get the storage to show all the time, ie permanently show how much storage is being used by music, photos etc and how much is left without having to hover over the bar?

Cheers.

Not that I've found...It's too small too...The old larger capacity bar was at least useful, this one is far too small to view properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.