Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanja1967

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but now I'm trying:

Program Guide in EyeTV for Mac # 2

We have now gotten EyeTV up and running on all platforms (iPhones, iPads, TV, via Apple TV, etc.) in the house, so we are able to record and watch recordings no matter where we are in the house (or when we are away from home).

The recordings are on a Mac mini, purchased just for this purpose.

Our problem right now is that we can not figure out how to put EyeTV on my own Mac, so I'm also able to control the EyeTV software from here - especially having access to our program guide.

I can access the recordings via a browser - but not get to the guide - and that's not good enough. We've googled a bit, but can not see if there is any software for this purpose.

Or if it is a matter of setting the EyeTV software there's available for the Mac up - in a certain way.

Someone here who can help?

Regards
Tanja

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Look at the EyeTV App for the iPhone and iPad. You have to enable iPhone Support within EyeTV on the MacMini but looks like you get everything you want there.

On a second Mac you can use Remote Desktop (Screen Sharing) to control the MacMini.

Did you get the H.264 HD Hardware and/or Software? When I do the encoding it takes a lot of CPU. I have been considering the Hardware Option to offload my CPU. However, my needs are mostly to watch TV from another room like on the ATV (requires MP4) or maybe use other options like WDTVLive that support native files. Have you done any testing with other options?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.