Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rana12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys, I'd like to hear opinions.
Here's my story...

I had an accident with a MacBook 13.3'' white, namely, I spilled a tea with honey on it. It was approx. 1 and a half years ago.
When it happened, I unplugged it from power source, removed the battery, turned it upside down and so on and so forth. Long story short - it did not work, I thought it was dead. Still, I brought it to Apple-authorized repair shop, they cleaned logic board with ultrasound (?!), replaced the keyboard with a new one and my MacBook was revived!(Though, the repairman did not promise anything..) Everything worked except the battery...
So I used it for 5 months or so with no problems at all.
Then I went on vacation and left my Macbook at home, I did not use it for a month. After my return I tried to turn it on but with no success.
There was actually a chime sound at the beginning (when I first attempted to turn it on), but not anymore. The screen just flickers a bit before going black, there is no chime sound, but the little (white) light is on. I think I can also hear CD/DVD drive buzzing. Once I got fans working (IDK how...)
I already gave it up and got my BF's old PC, so MacBook stood there dead on the desk for months.
So there was another attempt after a while - and it worked (!!), I managed to get the most important files on my external drive!! Yeah, but my joy was short-lived, because it went to sleep, and did not wake up :(
Now I try to turn it on once in a while, but with no success. Did it die? :(
The little white light still turns on, there is still this humming from DVD drive, something happens, but it won't boot.
So I thought maybe there still is residue from honey, or maybe some connections corroded while I was on vacation?!
What do you think, is there any chance that I could reanimate (say...clean the mobo again) my MacBook? Or should I let it go... :confused:

Thanks! Any answer will be appreciated!

R.

suclearnub

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Equestria
You should go to the Apple Store, a buy a new one.
Put your hard drive into an external closure, and copy files onto your shiny new Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.