Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
On my iphone5 I notice that my recent phone call history goes back to Dec. 3 and a friend's at work only goes back a few days. Is there a setting to "set" the amount of time a phone call stays in your history? Can't seem to find one.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
On my iphone5 I notice that my recent phone call history goes back to Dec. 3 and a friend's at work only goes back a few days. Is there a setting to "set" the amount of time a phone call stays in your history? Can't seem to find one.

Since you're a newbie, I'll presume this isn't a gag post.

There's an option to clear history on recent calls. Feel free to use it anytime you want to clean that up.

Just hit the 'Edit' button at the top right of the screen. You can delete calls individually, or the entire log.

Welcome to MacRumors

Reactions: Super Spartan1

KeanBurke

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
Since you're a newbie, I'll presume this isn't a gag post.

There's an option to clear history on recent calls. Feel free to use it anytime you want to clean that up.

Just hit the 'Edit' button at the top right of the screen. You can delete calls individually, or the entire log.

Welcome to MacRumors

You missed the whole point of his post. He was actually asking if it was possible to keep his call history longer than what the default is set to. And as far as I know, I don't think so. On my blackberry it used to go back months, on the iphone it's only a couple of days.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
You missed the whole point of his post. He was actually asking if it was possible to keep his call history longer than what the default is set to. And as far as I know, I don't think so. On my blackberry it used to go back months, on the iphone it's only a couple of days.

"Only a couple of days" my recents go back to 11/13

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Your right, I was hoping to be able to keep my old calls longer than a couple weeks. Not sure why everyone's phone save them for a different period.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen

Well... That being said, I think anything beyond the running log on the phone itself would have to be accessed from the billing archive.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati

Looks like it is based on the number of calls (keeps 100 i think), i have heard there is an apple script that you can run in iTunes to export your call list to iCal

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Looks like it is based on the number of calls (keeps 100 i think), i have heard there is an apple script that you can run in iTunes to export your call list to iCal

Looks like the script was CallLog2ical 0.10 and also looks like it is no longer supported.

I did find this software PhoneView it is $30 but from the website it looks like it does what you want.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Number of calls makes sense. My six weeks mentioned earlier is because I don't make a lot of cell calls; I still mostly use a land line at home.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
ill wake this thread from the dead lol

I reach 100 calls by like 4pm daily, I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out why Apple has not fixed this 7 years into iOS when Palm Treo 128mb phone had the ability for me to literally look at two years of incoming outgoing and missed calls, SUCH a handy feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.