Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Hi Forum,

Since this morning my MBP (specs in sig) will only display a grey screen when I try to boot it, and nothing else: no Apple logo, no spinning beach ball. I can't do anything. I've tried resetting PRAM and SMC, hold cmd+r, hold command+c, boot safe mode, hold option, and tried booting of a recovery USB I made.
I've even tried swapping the RAM I've upgraded back the the apple branded 4GB. Nothing works.

Is it time to take it to my local Apple store, or is there something I can do?

Thank you.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Sounds like something either really messed up the settings (rouge program or stupid users mistake) or a hardware failure. Maybe the hard drive went south without you.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Hi Forum,

Since this morning my MBP (specs in sig) will only display a grey screen when I try to boot it, and nothing else: no Apple logo, no spinning beach ball. I can't do anything. I've tried resetting PRAM and SMC, hold cmd+r, hold command+c, boot safe mode, hold option, and tried booting of a recovery USB I made.
I've even tried swapping the RAM I've upgraded back the the apple branded 4GB. Nothing works.

Have you done anything weird on your computer lately that may have caused any trouble?

Hi Forum,

Is it time to take it to my local Apple store ?

That would be wise if you can't get this resolved soon

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Have you done anything weird on your computer lately that may have caused any trouble?

That would be wise if you can't get this resolved soon

Nope, it was business as usual. I'll get it repaired then thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.