Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hulahoop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Hi friends,

Happy New Year! I want to buy my female friend a nice case for her IPAD 4. She has the original Apple Smart Case for the IPAD 4, but does not like the fact that the magnetic clip comes on and off quite easily.

Thus, I am looking to get her a case with the following qualities:

1) Good quality, sturdy, great protection. I am looking to spend up to $75, and can purchase it online (Amazon or other site) or in store. This will be done in the USA

2) She would like front and back protection, preferably in one packaging, i.e. not a front smart cover and back case, but if that is the way to go then fine.

3) Something that can be propped up on various viewing angles, i.e. for use while reading, sitting down, lying down

4) Good quality. Not looking for leather or something exotic

5) Not too bulky or heavy, but sturdy and good protection

Thanks for your help!
hulahoop

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Check out the Invellop cases on Amazon. Quite a bang for the buck.

hulahoop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you know if the invellop case has a detachable magnet? The user does not like the Apple smart cover because the magnet comes off...thus wants something more permanent.

Are there other similar options which offer a bit more protection and more flexibility in viewing angles?

Thanks!
hulahoop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.