Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Apple just approved my latest game, Disc Golf 3D, for the Mac App Store. Check it out

Any feedback is welcome! To celebrate, here are two promo codes. Please post if you use them so other people don't keep trying
J63T9PMYA9R4
Y6AXAPLH43HE
343PMHHENX4P
E6J33X9WJEXN

Screenshot - http://nuclearnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1.jpg

Welcome to Disc Golf 3D, the finest disc golf game on the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch! Disc Golf is a fast growing sport and can be thought of as golf with a Frisbee, or Frolf. The object is simple, traverse the course in as few throws as possible, finishing each hole by sinking the disc in a metal basket. Avoid natural hazards such as trees, hills, rivers, lakes, and more. Built off of the amazing Nova Golf engine, Disc Golf 3D is sure to keep you entertained and immersed for countless hours. Disc Golf 3D has everything both casual/hardcore gamers and amateur/weekend disc golfer could want.

Features Include
• Realistic flight physics – Everyone will enjoy the realism while avid disc golfers will be able to shape every shot using one of many different discs
• Stunning 3D graphics – Disc Golf 3D adapts to each computer/device for the best image quality while always maintaining a smooth frame-rate
• Unique courses – Locations from around the world feature distinct styles of both play and appearance. You’ll know if you’re in the Pennsylvania forest, Arizona desert, or on the Scottish coastline
• Customizable characters – Level up five playing statistics and upgrade equipment while managing each avatar’s wardrobe and physical appearance
• Career mode – Play as both an amateur and professional and progress by winning the required qualifiers and multi-round tournaments
• Multiplayer – Challenge up to three of your friends and play at the same time
• Purchase custom discs upgrades using both virtual currency earned in game or through In-App Purchase
• High replay value – No hole is the same when varying the white/blue/green tees, four pin locations, and three environmental difficulty settings
• Custom music made specifically for Disc Golf 3D
• Best rounds list for each course/difficulty setting

System Requirements: Mac OS 10.6.8+, CPU Speed – 2.2 GHz, Memory – 2GB+, Video Ram – 256MB+
Recommended Requirements: Mac OS 10.7+, CPU Speed – 2.5 GHz, Memory – 4GB+, Video Ram – 512MB+

Notice: The following integrated video chipsets are not supported – Intel GMA 950 and Intel GMA X3100. These are found in the Mac Mini(2006, 2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006, 2007, 2008), and Macbook Air(2008). The following video chipsets may require lower graphics setting and/or may run slower than anticipated in certain circumstances – ATI Radeon X1600, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT. Experiment with the settings screen to find the best quality/speed balance for your individual system.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Generally nice job. The graphics are a bit rough, but gameplay is intuitive. It's the best disc golf app I've seen so far. I like how the first play walks you through the controls step by step. Nice use of sound effects.

Should there be a way to cancel or reset (ESC ?) a power choice if I accidentally press too soon or too late? Also, in your shot styles you should also include Tomahawk, which is about the only way to get over a bush or obstacle.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Thanks! Since choosing the power is a skill that requires both dexterity and leveling up the character, you cannot hit escape to change the power once its selected. Before its selected you can escape to aim again. I definitely need to get the tomahawk throw in for the next version, the animations were slowing down the release though so we had to ship

----------

Vlade, do you post on DGCR?

I don't who-dat, but as soon as these iOS versions are processed for the app store (the just got approved!) I'm going to go post there and on several other disc golf sites.

dmorack

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2010
Just used the third code.

Very well done! I need quite a bit of practice, but that's not a fault of the game or controls. I used to play Links years ago and I found the controls to be just as easy to use and the game is just as much fun!

There are a few graphics glitches in which I could only see part of the power level when standing on an uphill slope. I didn't find that too distracting though. I'm sure future updates will address any very minor issues.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Used E6J33X9WJEXN.

I agree that the graphics could be better, but gameplay is smooth and fun. The $4.99 price seems a bit steep, but that could just be me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.