Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Does anyone notice an issue with the top 48 apps right now?

screenshot20130113at347.png

Between 75-80% are games!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy iOS games here and there, but am I the only one that thinks we need a non-games top apps chart? Or a split, one for games, and one that excludes games?

Yes, I know you can filter by app category, but my gosh, games are so monstrous that they dominate many of the overall top charts it's overwhelming for those that want useful apps that are not solely for leisure.

AMC89

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2012
For me categories work just fine. I guess it would be nice if you could exclude certain categories that do not interest you.
Not really an issue for me

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Shows a lot what people are using their iPhones for

That's right.

Apple's done a brilliant job of selling smartphones to people who don't need them, or use them as a smartphone very often. Lot's of older people that buy what their kids have, or to feel young and informed.

It's the same demographic that's retired, yet walk around "looking important" with a blue tooth receiver in their ear.

Most of the time users both very young and old, are more interested in the camera, playing games and having it all in one phone.

Therefore Apple has rightly placed games at the top of the priority list.

Just like all the fart apps that appeal to the kids. Only that demographic gets excited and amused by the sound of their phone farting. They also brag about how many Apps Apple has, it's quite funny really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.