Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Could just call the store, but this may be easier. Does anyone know if apple stocks the 27 inch models with fusion drive at the store?

drambuie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Could just call the store, but this may be easier. Does anyone know if apple stocks the 27 inch models with fusion drive at the store?

Yes, the standard top end 27" store model has a 3.4GHz i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB fusion drive, and the 2GB GTX 680MX GPU. It has part # MD580LL/A and model # A1419, and is priced at $2599.00.

I got mine at an Apple retail store last week, but the stock is still sporadic at this time, so it's best to call, or better yet, be there. The one I got had just been put into inventory from the morning shipment. If I hadn't grabbed mine, it would have been gone by the evening, as they had people calling every day looking for one of that configuration.

lshin037

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2009
I called all the Apple Stores around in my area and, for the 27", they either have the base model with i5 2.9 or the i7 3.4 with 1TB fusion, 8GB Memory, 680MX graphics card. Nothing in between or with more memory and bigger Fusion drive.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Yes, the standard top end 27" store model has a 3.4GHz i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB fusion drive, and the 2GB GTX 680MX GPU. It has part # MD580LL/A and model # A1419, and is priced at $2599.00.
Seems like a perfect unit. Buy third party memory and if you need more disk space later, you have USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt to connect disks to your system.

And you don't have to wait for a BTO unit. If I was doing BTO, I might consider the i5 instead and I would think about the 3TB Fusion disk.

And do note that there is a chance some stores might get a different fusion drive configuration. Unlikely but still possible.

lshin037

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2009
Seems like a perfect unit. Buy third party memory and if you need more disk space later, you have USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt to connect disks to your system.

And you don't have to wait for a BTO unit. If I was doing BTO, I might consider the i5 instead and I would think about the 3TB Fusion disk.

And do note that there is a chance some stores might get a different fusion drive configuration. Unlikely but still possible.

Thats what I did. I went to Microcenter and picked up the 16GB Crucial kit right after picking up the imac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.