Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMythos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
I use Ps CS4

I normally only need to work on my images once and so I simply save them in JPG format.

I see that I have at least one image saved as a Ps document. I located it by clicking File>Open Recent. I already have the image saved as a JPG and I would like to delete the Ps document that I also have saved. How do I delete this Ps document?

Also, how would I go about locating any other images that I may have saved as Ps documents so that I may delete those as well?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Use Spotlight to search for the filename and then drag it from the Finder window with the search results into the Trash then Empty Trash.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
:rolleyes:

Open finder. Find the file (just do a search for the extension you're looking for via the search field). Drag it to the trash once found. Just like any other file you want to delete on Mac OS X...

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
JPG loses quality each time you save it. I would not rely on it as the only version of work kept. At least have a PNG save, which is not much larger in file size, but preserves image quality. I generally use PNG in preference to JPG anyway.

MacMythos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
ha--I know this is incredibly basic. Though I'm still learning, I use Pages, iPhoto and iMovie mostly. Photo Shop and Ai for quick jobs so I am not real familiar with anything other than the tools and how to get what I need done quick.

Use Spotlight to search for the filename and then drag it from the Finder window with the search results into the Trash then Empty Trash.
Thanks for the suggestion but I do not have Spotlight.

Open finder. Find the file (just do a search for the extension you're looking for via the search field). Drag it to the trash once found. Just like any other file you want to delete on Mac OS X...
SIMPLE! So easy it was not one of the things I even thought to try! I found the document saved in a folder I made in DOCUMENTS. No problem tossing that in the trash.

Wow. Signed up here in 2009 and still cant use a computer?! That was 3 years ago and I do have a few other things in my life than PhotoShop. Your comment is rude and uncalled for....and not helpful in the least.

JPG loses quality each time you save it. I would not rely on it as the only version of work kept. At least have a PNG save, which is not much larger in file size, but preserves image quality. I generally use PNG in preference to JPG anyway. I had no idea. Yes, there is a small possibility my JPEGs may get revised and thus loose quality each time. Thank you for that bit of extra info, Moonjumper.

I think I have my small conundrum settled. Had I saved any other Psd, I would have had to choose Photoshop as the format (because CS4 seems to choose JPG by default) and I'm sure I would have just saved the PSd to the desk top and then transferred to a file in Pictures or Documents. That's what i did with this one I am about to delete. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Daron

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
Thanks for the suggestion but I do not have Spotlight.
You do if you're using a Mac. It's built into the OS... unless you're using a REALLY old version. It's the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of your screen.

Yes, there is a small possibility my JPEGs may get revised and thus loose quality each time. Thank you for that bit of extra info, Moonjumper.
*lose (sorry). What are you using these JPEG files for? Print? Web? Do they contain only photographic information or do they contain text?

The reason I'm asking is because certain file formats do better than others based on how you're using them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.