Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
So my 6D is not in my hands yet BUT I was at Best Buy today and put my SD card into it and gave it a run, Best Buy photo dude was real lax when he saw I brought my other toys with me :D I took some portraits of my dad and little sister with my 85 ƒ1.8 and the 24-105 ƒ4L but I can't see the CR2's! I did not shoot JPEGs at all. The CR2's do not show up in finder but even more frustrating they don't show up in Canon's Digital Photo Professional tool! I googled it and saw threads asking about it and people simply stating the issue and advising to update the copy of DPP I still can't figure out how on earth to update Digital Photo Professional! I can see all my EXIF data from shots taken with the 6D but I don't even get so much as a preview...

I AM THE MAN

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
So my 6D is not in my hands yet BUT I was at Best Buy today and put my SD card into it and gave it a run, Best Buy photo dude was real lax when he saw I brought my other toys with me :D I took some portraits of my dad and little sister with my 85 ƒ1.8 and the 24-105 ƒ4L but I can't see the CR2's! I did not shoot JPEGs at all. The CR2's do not show up in finder but even more frustrating they don't show up in Canon's Digital Photo Professional tool! I googled it and saw threads asking about it and people simply stating the issue and advising to update the copy of DPP I still can't figure out how on earth to update Digital Photo Professional! I can see all my EXIF data from shots taken with the 6D but I don't even get so much as a preview...

Maybe try calling Canon Customer support. To be honest, if you can't find any solutions on the web
that could maybe solve your problems.

Also what kind of card are you using? Does the card still work with your camera at home?

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.