Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

di1in

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
The iPhone5 is finally available in store in the 'imagine' store in India (imagine is sort of like a third party apple store). The iPhone5 is priced at the equivalent of 850$.

What I would like to know from the current iPhone 5 users is:
  1. Does the black iPhone really scratch more visibly than the white?
  2. Are most apps still letterboxed on the iPhone5?

As I see it now, the white iPhone makes scratches invisible, while the black one makes the letterboxes invisible.

ARSC

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
The iPhone5 is finally available in store in the 'imagine' store in India (imagine is sort of like a third party apple store). The iPhone5 is priced at the equivalent of 850$.

What I would like to know from the current iPhone 5 users is:
  1. Does the black iPhone really scratch more visibly than the white?
  2. Are most apps still letterboxed on the iPhone5?

As I see it now, the white iPhone makes scratches invisible, while the black one makes the letterboxes invisible.

The iPhone has been in india since November 2012 and I think it's better to buy it with warranty.

In the US it's for 38000 and in india for 43000 after discount so it's better to buy it from here as you will get warranty and support.

Get the white model gets less scratched.

di1in

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
The iPhone has been in india since November 2012 and I think it's better to buy it with warranty.

In the US it's for 38000 and in india for 43000 after discount so it's better to buy it from here as you will get warranty and support.

Get the white model gets less scratched.

ARSC, please let me know what discount you are talking about, and where I can get it from in bangalore? Thanks a ton!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.