Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
USA
...realized how bad my old one was!

I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 and go it that launching Friday. Few issues I had initially was rattling near the camera and screen had slighlty yellowish tint. I thought they were not big enough to bother me. Another issue I had was the phone would not line up properly on the left side (near the volume buttons) with the case. I just thought the case was not designed properly. Anyway, so, my top power button stopped working and I wanted to replace it before 6.1 was released. So, got a replacement today and man this one is perfect. No rattles, perfect screen tint, and the phone fits perfectly in the case. Looks like the old one had screen glass alignment issue. Oh well. I'm happy. Now I just want the jailbreak to be released! :D

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
...realized how bad my old one was!

I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 and go it that launching Friday. Few issues I had initially was rattling near the camera and screen had slighlty yellowish tint. I thought they were not big enough to bother me. Another issue I had was the phone would not line up properly on the left side (near the volume buttons) with the case. I just thought the case was not designed properly. Anyway, so, my top power button stopped working and I wanted to replace it before 6.1 was released. So, got a replacement today and man this one is perfect. No rattles, perfect screen tint, and the phone fits perfectly in the case. Looks like the old one had screen glass alignment issue. Oh well. I'm happy. Now I just want the jailbreak to be released! :D

ios 6.1 is going to be a nice update. We get faster Safari, improved performance system wide, improvements to Siri and bug fixes. That with the jailbreak is going to be amazing

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
USA
ios 6.1 is going to be a nice update. We get faster Safari, improved performance system wide, improvements to Siri and bug fixes. That with the jailbreak is going to be amazing

LOL...I hope so. I just wanted to get it replaced before 6.1 in case current jailbreak only gets relased for 6.0.2 or lower.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Congrats on winning the Apple lottery. :)
I thought my replacement was perfect too, then I realized I had a piss-yellow screen tint, and there is a transparent black circle in all the photos I take with my camera. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.