Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arrdenet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
USA
As the title said, is there? I have three email addresses which I frequently use, and I think it would just be the bee's knees if I could set up my mail so that all the emails I receive from work are blue, all my personal emails are red, and all other emails are yellow. That way when I look at the "sort by date" column I can visually differentiate between the three sources without having to actually click into separate mail inboxes.

I know it's possible for the program to display suspected spam with a different colored text. Is there any way for users to edit how the messages show up?

PS, just got my mac this past Tuesday. I love it. Been a PC guy since Windows 95, and wow, is it ever amazing to use a computer that doesn't break every five minutes.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
As the title said, is there? I have three email addresses which I frequently use, and I think it would just be the bee's knees if I could set up my mail so that all the emails I receive from work are blue, all my personal emails are red, and all other emails are yellow. That way when I look at the "sort by date" column I can visually differentiate between the three sources without having to actually click into separate mail inboxes.

I know it's possible for the program to display suspected spam with a different colored text. Is there any way for users to edit how the messages show up?

PS, just got my mac this past Tuesday. I love it. Been a PC guy since Windows 95, and wow, is it ever amazing to use a computer that doesn't break every five minutes.

Yes, it's actually very simple.

Open Mail then navigate to Preferences --> Rules.

Now you have to Add a Rule, and then fill in the necessary information for the senders, and then under the actions, select "set color of text" then choose whichever color you want. Done.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Yes, it's actually very simple.

Open Mail then navigate to Preferences --> Rules.

Now you have to Add a Rule, and then fill in the necessary information for the senders, and then under the actions, select "set color of text" then choose whichever color you want. Done.

Thanks - just used this helpful information.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Thanks - just used this helpful information.

You are most welcome. I set it up that way originally, but then it felt like the emails were standing out too much and ended up reverting to the default settings. Just be aware though that if you change the text color of messages, you need to change the rule before deleting the rule, or you'll have to redo it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.