Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Does your power button click when turning on the iMac? I hope my power button isn't broke. Is there a way to Turn on the iMac without pushing power button.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Does your power button click when turning on the iMac? I hope my power button isn't broke. Is there a way to Turn on the iMac without pushing power button.
You can set a schedule to turn on your Mac or wake it from sleep. Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver > Schedule

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Does our power button make a clicking sound when pressed.

I remember on my Mid-2011, sometimes I would feel a little resistance, and then it would release once I pressed it further. Almost like a physical "click" but I don't remember an audible click. I'm still waiting for my 2012 iMac to update to PFS and then be shipped, so I can't help you with that. Are you referring to the Late-2012 models or another model?

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Late 2012 model. It sounds normal. Just a little worried because my MacBook pro does not.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
My 2012 iMac doesn't click. That's clearly defective.

Oh I kid, I kid. Yes, it's a really obvious click, and my 2009 iMac was the same way. Ze click! It is normal!

ImaWizard

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Michigan USA
My 2012 iMac doesn't click. That's clearly defective.

Oh I kid, I kid. Yes, it's a really obvious click, and my 2009 iMac was the same way. Ze click! It is normal!

NOT COOL TO JOKE LIKE THAT MAN. kidding. but seriously, I went to check mine and my heart skipped a beat when you said yours didn't.

click is present in mine too, OP. You can sleep peacefully at night now.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
lol sorry!

As it happens, I think the click is even more defined on my 2012 than it was on my 2009. Feels very solid. I likey!

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Can someone. Check please

Mine clicks - It's really stiff. It works fine though. I tested all the new Imacs in the Apple Store near me and they all had variations on how stiff they were. Mine is at the extreme end of the spectrum. I don't really see it as a problem though at this point. It works as intended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.