Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beach004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
When I got my iTouch several years ago, I imported into it all my Palm calendar entries, some dating back to the early 1990's. It was a chore, but I figured it out, and there have been no problems; I can look back and there they are. But last week I discovered that all the iTouch calendar entries before Aug. 25, 2009, have disappeared! If I look at Yahoo calendar, which is synced to the iTouch, the entries are still there; and entries created in other calendars than iTouch for dates before 2009, are still visible on the iTouch calendar screen; it's only the iTouch entries that have vanished.

Here's more: If I create a new entry for August 29, 2009, say, in the iTouch calendar, it works; it's there and it stays there. But if I create it instead for August 22, 2009, then it appears, but in a minute or so it vanishes--even though I can still see it on the Yahoo calendar.

I know this sounds crazy; but it's making ME crazy. Any ideas?
Beach004

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
On the iPod Touch, do you have all of your calendars showing? Put differently, from the Calendar app on the IPT, tap Calendars on the upper left and see if all calendars are selected.

Also, check iTunes. Ensure that Sync All Events is enabled.

Beach004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
Been there, tried that.

On the iPod Touch, do you have all of your calendars showing? Put differently, from the Calendar app on the IPT, tap Calendars on the upper left and see if all calendars are selected.

Also, check iTunes. Ensure that Sync All Events is enabled.

Yes, I believe I've done those things. The most puzzling thing is the "date break"; why in August of 2009, there's this divide, between "will accept and display," and "will accept but won't display." I may have to make an Apple Genius appointment when time permits, and see if they can figure it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.