Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AstralShane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
I am inserting my information for my bank account in the "Bank Info" area of iTunes Connect. I am wondering if the bank location matters.

I am sure it doesn't because let's say you created your account in Bank A, and you want to deposit money. However, you are not near Bank A, but are near Bank B and deposit there.

Does the same apply to direct deposit? Meaning, if iTunes Connect doesn't have Bank A can I select Bank B and still receive payments?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I'm new to the world of Banking with Apple.

Thanks,
AstralShane.

lastcall

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
I am inserting my information for my bank account in the "Bank Info" area of iTunes Connect. I am wondering if the bank location matters.

I am sure it doesn't because let's say you created your account in Bank A, and you want to deposit money. However, you are not near Bank A, but are near Bank B and deposit there.

Does the same apply to direct deposit? Meaning, if iTunes Connect doesn't have Bank A can I select Bank B and still receive payments?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I'm new to the world of Banking with Apple.

Thanks,
AstralShane.

No, the bank address doesn't matter. If Apple doesn't list your exact bank address, pick the closest one.

And you should always contact your bank for the correct routing number. The number may be different
for different types of transfers (electronic transfer, etc...).

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I gave Apple the location of a bank about 1K miles from where I live and I've been receiving money just fine. (The bank actually has a closer branch only 300 miles from my house... I forget why I chose the branch I did.)

AdityaSinha

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2013
I don't think that the location of Bank matters... Today, you have facilities like core banking and e-banking. You can deposit cash from any of the nearest branch. Also, for doing any other transactions you have mobile banking feature. In my iPhone I have HDFC’s mobile banking app that is helpful in many ways. I literally do not feel going to my bank's branch.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
For most large banks, all the money goes through some big national, state or regional electronic data processing center anyway. Your local bank branch office has almost nothing to do with the money in anyones account except to present a friendly face to customers who need that.

I think I just used the regional bank HQ's address. Never been there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.