Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
How come they put the FCC logos on the back of the iPhone? I know they are required, but other smartphones do not have them.

Is it because the other smartphones can be opened with ease and therefore place them inside the phones for easy access (while iPhone needs screwdriver, etc. to open)?

In my personal opinion the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch would look better without it so I was pretty curious.

Thanks.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
The silliness of the federal government.

The other day while I was waiting to board a plane, I got bored and looked at a FAA sign by the boarding area. It says, to the gist of... It's a Crime to LIE if you intend to hijack or bring a bomb into the plane. It's saying, if you do any of these bad things, be sure you don't lie, because that's bad! :rolleyes:

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
yeah its cause it can't be accessed mega easily, Like they have it on macs too, just look at the imacs, on those they have it on the bottom on the pedestal, but you can't see it, iPhones unfortunately have to have it right on the back, looking all horrible

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's interesting though that when the Verizon (CDMA) iPhone 4 originally came out, some time after the AT&T (GSM) iPhone came out, the slightly updated Verizon version actually didn't have the FCC logo in the back of it. Seems like that might have been the only version...perhaps because it didn't have a SIM slot/GSM radio unlike essentially all other versions before and after it, or something else like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.