Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tezarin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Hi all,

I bought an iPad 4 and of course the old USB cable cannot be used to sync music or data so I came across a 8 to 30 pins lightening converter on eBay that is supposed to get the job done. In the item description section of this auction, he has mentioned "audio and video output are NOT supported".

What does that mean? I just would like to connect my iPad 4 with my computer and sync all the musics and movies so that everything gets transferred to my iPad. Will that be supported by this converter?

Thanks

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
You'll be able to sync them to your iPad just fine, however when using that adapter you won't be able to send audio or video to another source like a TV or stereo.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Hi all,

I bought an iPad 4 and of course the old USB cable cannot be used to sync music or data so I came across a 8 to 30 pins lightening converter on eBay that is supposed to get the job done. In the item description section of this auction, he has mentioned "audio and video output are NOT supported".

What does that mean? I just would like to connect my iPad 4 with my computer and sync all the musics and movies so that everything gets transferred to my iPad. Will that be supported by this converter?

Thanks

Yes, it will work. What the disclaimer means is that you won't be able to hook it up directly to a TV.

tezarin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
HazyCloud and MisterKeeks,

Thanks much! I really appreciate your help.

tezarin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Just bought that item on eBay. But since I don't have my cable today, is there any way I can sync the files in my iTune with my iPad over the air or something?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.