Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faizanshakyboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Islamabad
iOS 6.1 has a brightness related bug. When i press the power button twice in the lock screen, the brightness level drops to a minimum.:mad:

Usehername

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Noticed this in 6.01, long as you don't double tap the home button everything should be fine.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
Not sure if its a "bug" or not but I just had my first issue with my i5.

Made a call to my wife's i5 and immediately hit the speaker button. Timer was moving but no call. When I hit the End button the phone totally locked up. After several button pushes and a couple of minutes it unlocked so I tried it again. Same thing happened but this time but I had to do a hard reset to unlock it.

After the hard reset I tried it again. This time it worked. 3.5 months and that was my first issue. 6.1 related??

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Not sure if its a "bug" or not but I just had my first issue with my i5.

Made a call to my wife's i5 and immediately hit the speaker button. Timer was moving but no call. When I hit the End button the phone totally locked up. After several button pushes and a couple of minutes it unlocked so I tried it again. Same thing happened but this time but I had to do a hard reset to unlock it.

After the hard reset I tried it again. This time it worked. 3.5 months and that was my first issue. 6.1 related??

Ya yesterday the guy on the other end ended the call and I tried ending it at the same time and my phone locked. I was hearing myself

Appel

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2010
I can confirm that this bug is a reproduciblee. I´ve accually had this bug a few times before 6.1 but never knew what caused it. Well now I know. Thanks! Now lets fix this bug Apple! Also, you have to dubblepress very fast in order to "make it work". But now i cant seem to reproduce it any more. So it dosent seem to occur every time. :confused:

Im on Iphone 5, iOs 6.1, non-jailboken(ever), bought late september, europe.

ALMF

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
i spoke to soon, there is a bug, i just did'nt really believe my eyes because the dimmer slider does not change with the bug. but if u barely move the dimmer slider after the screen goes dim then it changes a whole lot in brightness.

sorry bout that

indiekiduk

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
Video of the bug occurring:

On an iPhone, go in Settings and turn Auto-Brightness off.
From the lock screen, press and hold home to bring up Siri.
While Siri is up, double tap the power button to turn off and on the screen.
The screen comes on with low brightness.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Video of the bug occurring:

YouTube: video

On an iPhone, go in Settings and turn Auto-Brightness off.
From the lock screen, press and hold home to bring up Siri.
While Siri is up, double tap the power button to turn off and on the screen.
The screen comes on with low brightness.

oh wow finally a video and step by step showing the bug, AND i can re-create this on my phone as well.

I do experience this bug, however not the way shown here. But it always has to do with a button being pressed too fast on the lock screen

EDIT: This does not work on an iPhone 4 running 6.1.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.