Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamBos

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2009
Innisfil, ON
How would I do a dvd back up of my iphoto library??

Can I just right click on the iphoto library folder within ,my username/pictures/iphoto library??

Nov 28, 2010
located
How big is your iPhoto Library file?

Can this help?

PS: Why not use an external HDD or two to backup to? DVDs, even if stored properly, often tend to fail after some time and are not able to be read.

WilliamBos

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2009
Innisfil, ON
How big is your iPhoto Library file?

Can this help?

PS: Why not use an external HDD or two to backup to? DVDs, even if stored properly, often tend to fail after some time and are not able to be read.

I have an external HDD, but never reformatted it to FAT32, now have my old pc's HDD on it, as well as my moms note backed up on it.

Need to get another one, wondered if I could compress it to fit on a dvd? almost 28 GB of pics.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I have an external HDD, but never reformatted it to FAT32, now have my old pc's HDD on it, as well as my moms note backed up on it.

Need to get another one, wondered if I could compress it to fit on a dvd? almost 28 GB of pics.

The photos in your iPhoto Library are probably already compressed to bits using the JPEG format/codec, thus further compression might not get you anywhere near 4.7 or 8.5 GB for a DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.