Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaghadM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
after I did format to my MacBook 10.5.8
I don't find my "AppStore".I did software but until now
I can't find my "AppStore",could anyone help me please.
Thank you

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Considering the MAS comes with 10.6.6 and later, I'd say start there.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
You need at least snow leopard OSX 10.6.6 in order to have the Mac App Store.

RaghadM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Considering the MAS comes with 10.6.6 and later, I'd say start there.
did you mean there is no "AppStore" for my mac because 10.5.8,didn't you?
If that is right I tried to update my mac to OS X Mountain Lion
but I cannot do that until I can open iTunes
thank you

----------

You need at least snow leopard OSX 10.6.6 in order to have the Mac App Store.

thank you so much

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Yep, you will need to upgrade Leopard to Snow Leopard via physical media (or a time machine backup if you have one). You can then jump straight to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard via the Mac App Store.

RaghadM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Yep, you will need to upgrade Leopard to Snow Leopard via physical media (or a time machine backup if you have one). You can then jump straight to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard via the Mac App Store.

thank you

You can purchase & download Snow Leopard for $20 from the on-line Apple Store (Not the MAS): http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

After that you will have the MAS. :)

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is not downloadable from Apple, it comes in the form of a DVD.

but why "Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard",can I download or buy newer than 10.6?
even if I have MacBook ?

Oops, thank you Mr Simsaladimbamba, I stand corrected! ---And duh! :eek: because I ordered it off the site for my parents, it was a disk. (And it was $9 more then, over a year ago).

thank you all

I know that there are some 3rd party "app stores" out there that are 10.5 compatible, but i cant seem to find them with Google.

thank you but I don't think I need it now
because I will update my mac -Allah willing-

Nov 28, 2010
located
You can purchase & download Snow Leopard for $20 from the on-line Apple Store (Not the MAS): http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

After that you will have the MAS. :)

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is not downloadable from Apple, it comes in the form of a DVD.
but why "Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard",can I download or buy newer than 10.6?
even if I have MacBook ?

The Mac App Store (MAS) has been introduced in Mac OS X 10.6.6 and is not backwards compatible, thus you have to buy Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard in order to get the MAS in order to purchase OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, since OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion is not available as physical purchase.

The link to the DVD is in the quote you quoted from CrickettGrrrl. If you are in another country, change the "us" after store.apple.com/us/" to the country code of your country, if your country has an Apple Online Store.

Is that understandable?

PS: You can however try to find "Mac OS X 10.7 Lion USB" on eBay in order to get an installer for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

RaghadM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
The Mac App Store (MAS) has been introduced in Mac OS X 10.6.6 and is not backwards compatible, thus you have to buy Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard in order to get the MAS in order to purchase OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, since OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion is not available as physical purchase.

The link to the DVD is in the quote you quoted from CrickettGrrrl. If you are in another country, change the "us" after store.apple.com/us/" to the country code of your country, if your country has an Apple Online Store.

Is that understandable?

PS: You can however try to find "Mac OS X 10.7 Lion USB" on eBay in order to get an installer for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

thank you so much
I am grateful to you for your help
but the last question please - can I download "OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion" form one of them, because there are an App store ?

Nov 28, 2010
located
thank you so much
I am grateful to you for your help
but the last question please - can I download "OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion" form one of them, because there are an App store ?

You can download OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion via the MAS from either Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (updated to 10.6.8) or from Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (again, via the MAS).

Going with the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard DVD might be the cheaper route, 19 USD for the DVD and 19 USD for the download.

RaghadM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
You can download OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion via the MAS from either Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (updated to 10.6.8) or from Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (again, via the MAS).

Going with the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard DVD might be the cheaper route, 19 USD for the DVD and 19 USD for the download.

I'm really sorry
I meant " can I download "OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion" form iPhone or iPad ?" :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.