Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Hey all

I currently have a 32gb third generation ipad but I need more space so with the introduction of 128gb I am wanting to upgrade. But I am confused whether to go for another ipad the fifth gen with the weight and size or go for a ipad mini next year when they release a redesign. FYI I download a ton of apps like interactive books and games and have a few movies and TV shows. Given this information what would be the best choice ipad or mini!

Last edited:

marcoity

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Seattle
Ipad fifth gen isn't out nor is the sixth gen mini... If you need something with more capacity buy it now. Otherwise you can wait for 6 gen, 7 gen, 8 gen....

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Lol what I was meant to say is that when I come to buy a ipad in the near future not through time traveller :p should I choose a full sized ipad or think smaller and go mini, that said would I loose preformance in games with a mini.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Lol what I was meant to say is that when I come to buy a ipad in the near future not through time traveller :p should I choose a full sized ipad or think smaller and go mini, that said would I loose preformance in games with a mini.

there is no Fifth generation ipad or sixth generation mini

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
The mini will always have slightly less power than than the full size. Right now the iPad 4 is a gaming beast. So if you are going to be getting the iPad for gaming, get the full size. 2013 is going to have a lot of great games coming that will take full advantage of the A6X processor.

marcoity

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Seattle
No one said there was. But the OP asked about the next gen iPads which will exist; unless you don't think Apple will ever upgrade these devices.

But the fact is 5th gen iPad or 2nd gen ipad mini aren't out, everyone is going on about speculations. Will the mini have retina or will apple just upgrade the specs ?? How can people give advice on what to buy or not regarding a product thats not even out yet ?

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011

the 6th gen mini will not be out any time in the near future even if apple update it every 6 months your still going to be waiting at least 2.5 years bro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.