Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nauzik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Hello,
This is my iMac:
20-inch, Early 2008
Model identifier - imac 8,1
Model Number - A1224
Order Number - MB323LL/A (2.4GHz)
Software - Mac OS X Mountain Lion

I have done this mod: added an ssd drive (for the OS) connected to the main board sata plug; and have the internal hhd (for storage) and a esata bracket (for my external WD my book) connected to a 2 Port Mini PCI Express Internal SATA II Controller Card by MIcro Sata Cables (placed in the Airport card's place).
The problem is that my imac can't see the Mini PCI Express Controller Card. I have tried many Sil 3132 drivers (SiI3132_1.2.5.0_Sil_Pkg, SiI3132r5_1.7.2.0_Sil_Pkg, SiI3132r5_1.7.5.0_Sil_Pkg) but nothing.
I'm baffled wether the problem is with the actual card (should i have used the Commell MPX-3132 card?) is it because i have Mountain Lion installed or is it that my imac did't have a Mini-PCIe Airport card to begin with?

I need a solution to this problem preferably one that would allow me to keep this set up.
Please reply as soon as possible since i'm currently having my imac bare open and i don't like that.

Nauzik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Hello,
This is my iMac:
20-inch, Early 2008
Model identifier - imac 8,1
Model Number - A1224
Order Number - MB323LL/A (2.4GHz)
Software - Mac OS X Mountain Lion

I have done this mod: added an ssd drive (for the OS) connected to the main board sata plug; and have the internal hhd (for storage) and a esata bracket (for my external WD my book) connected to a 2 Port Mini PCI Express Internal SATA II Controller Card by MIcro Sata Cables (placed in the Airport card's place).
The problem is that my imac can't see the Mini PCI Express Controller Card. I have tried many Sil 3132 drivers (SiI3132_1.2.5.0_Sil_Pkg, SiI3132r5_1.7.2.0_Sil_Pkg, SiI3132r5_1.7.5.0_Sil_Pkg) but nothing.
I'm baffled wether the problem is with the actual card (should i have used the Commell MPX-3132 card?) is it because i have Mountain Lion installed or is it that my imac did't have a Mini-PCIe Airport card to begin with?

I need a solution to this problem preferably one that would allow me to keep this set up.
Please reply as soon as possible since i'm currently having my imac bare open and i don't like that.

Anyone???more than 700 views no reply!!!

Nauzik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Well,
I ordered the Commell MPX-3132 card, installed the latest drivers for mac
and problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.