Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MooNew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
Hi

I've just bought a 2nd hand iPhone 4 and discovered that the adapter doesn't insert all the way (as it does with my other iPhone). There is no 'click' and it can be pulled back out without effort.

I've pulled out a bunch of fluff and other anonymous much from the slot but still its the same problem. I can't quite tell what is wrong and wondered if anyone else had experienced this and had found the cause.

Thanks

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Hi

I've just bought a 2nd hand iPhone 4 and discovered that the adapter doesn't insert all the way (as it does with my other iPhone). There is no 'click' and it can be pulled back out without effort.

I've pulled out a bunch of fluff and other anonymous much from the slot but still its the same problem. I can't quite tell what is wrong and wondered if anyone else had experienced this and had found the cause.

Thanks

Take it to the apple store so they can diagnose it. Then maybe (if its still under warranty, which its probably not, or if they're generous enough); you can fix it yourself (if its cheaper that way).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.