Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

German site iPhone-Ticker reports [Google translation] that Apple is planning to release iOS 6.1.2 early next week to address both the Exchange bug and lock screen passcode issue affecting iOS 6.1 users. According to the report, iOS 6.1.2 is likely to arrive before Wednesday, February 20.

ios_exchange_setup.jpg
Like iOS 6.1.1 released for the iPhone 4S earlier this week, iOS 6.1.2 will be a limited update addressing only these issues in order to allow Apple to quickly release it to the public. Apple last week seeded to developers an initial iOS 6.1.1 beta including broader changes such as improvements to Maps in Japan, but it now appears that this release will become iOS 6.1.3 as Apple addresses a few high-priority bug fixes on a separate basis.

iPhone-Ticker has previously offered accurate information on iOS update schedules, including word of the iOS 6.1.1 update [Google translation] a few hours before it was released to the public.

Article Link: iOS 6.1.2 to Address Exchange and Passcode Bugs Reportedly Coming Early Next Week

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
Like iOS 6.1.1 released for the iPhone 4S earlier this week, iOS 6.1.2 will be a limited update addressing only these issues in order to allow Apple to quickly release it to the public.
I wonder if limited update means it'll still be jailbreakable or will jailbreak patching be part of the security updates?

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
I wish Apple would put out quality software the first time instead of garbage that requires quick fix updates. :rolleyes:

tonyshaker

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2012
About Time?

Its about time they releases a update fixing this issue didn't expect this serious fault from apple.

roninnder

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
I wish Apple would put out quality software the first time instead of garbage that requires quick fix updates. :rolleyes:

Yeah, long live Android, the stable and completely bug free alternative that never needs patches! And long live Blackberry and Windows Phone, may they one day get apps.

Well, I assume Android never needs them since no phones ever get them.

skinuca

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
New York City
It was quick, bugs do sneak in...

so we should be pleased that the release came quickly and that MS and Apple were able to work well together to ensure it did.

Switched2aMac

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2006
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Anyone else

Anyone else notice with this last update that it screwed up your keyboard? I've noticed since updating to 6.1.1 that my keyboard (only numbers) will be transparent, but the letters will look the same. They look sort of like a transparent purple color. It only happens on a few apps but I never noticed it before. I tried re-downloading the app and restarting my phone and nothing.

I couldn't find anything in the discussions.I have a 4s with 6.1.1.

If I change my keyboard layout to QWERTZ it looks normal. Must be a QWERTY layout bug?
Thanks

Last edited:

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
While the lock screen bug does need to get fixed, it is a pretty minor bug since it requires someone to have significant long term access to your phone and then, OMG, they can read your email! It really isn't that jazzy. That said, this is one of the reasons why I don't install any of the banking apps on my phone. My banking life can wait until I'm at an ATM, it isn't much of an inconvenience. As long as you don't give your phone too much access to the really important stuff, getting it hacked isn't the end of the world.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010

All software rolls out with varying levels of bugs. Especially when you are talking about something as big as an OS.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Has anyone noticed the spinning wheel on the bottom always takes a long time to bring in exchange emails?

Also, with the jailbreak exploits be plugged? hope not.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Yeah shame on Apple for fixing your issues quickly.
They shouldn't go causing issues in the first place. ;)

Yeah, long live Android, the stable and completely bug free alternative that never needs patches! And long live Blackberry and Windows Phone, may they one day get apps.

Well, I assume Android never needs them since no phones ever get them.
I see what you did there. :cool:

All software rolls out with varying levels of bugs. Especially when you are talking about something as big as an OS.
Don't make excuses for them. Do you not hold Apple to a higher standard than other "software" companies? :(

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Anyone else notice with this last update that it screwed up your keyboard? I've noticed since updating to 6.1.1 that my keyboard (only numbers) will be transparent, but the letters will look the same. They look sort of like a transparent purple color. It only happens on a few apps but I never noticed it before. I tried re-downloading the app and restarting my phone and nothing.

I couldn't find anything in the discussions.I have a 4s with 6.1.1.

If I change my keyboard layout to QWERTZ it looks normal. Must be a QWERTY layout bug?
Thanks

Try a hard reset

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
headphone jack bug

I wonder when they are going to fix the headphone bug.

Anyone one else notice that previous to iOS 6, when you plugged anything into the headphone jack, the iPhone would automatically lower the volume to a low level?

Now, it maxes out the volume and if you aren't paying attention you get blasted.

This is on an iPhone 4S.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
I wonder if limited update means it'll still be jailbreakable or will jailbreak patching be part of the security updates?

Will it break the Jail Break?
I think the Evaders said that they still had more entry points so they will be able to keep Evading.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Don't make excuses for them. Do you not hold Apple to a higher standard than other "software" companies? :(

It's impossible for any company to release software without bugs, with the possible exception of some very small and simple programs. The only question is how fast does the company come out with fixes once the bugs become known, and Apple is doing a good job at that. If you still think that they can release something bug free then why don't you learn to program and try to make an OS that is completely free of bugs...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.