Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiveFreeDie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
So I can't get the Xfinity app to play any videos and i'm trying to find out if its the jailbreak that is causing the issue. As soon as I click on something to watch it loads for a second then says "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video."

I know other cable/satellite company's block the jailbreak from running their app and am curious to see if maybe Comcast/Xfinity as done the same thing.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
So I can't get the Xfinity app to play any videos and i'm trying to find out if its the jailbreak that is causing the issue. As soon as I click on something to watch it loads for a second then says "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video."

I know other cable/satellite company's block the jailbreak from running their app and am curious to see if maybe Comcast/Xfinity as done the same thing.

Xfinity TV Player? If so, then yes, I'm getting the same exact error and I am JB as well. Iphone 5 on 6.1.

LiveFreeDie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Xfinity TV Player? If so, then yes, I'm getting the same exact error and I am JB as well. Iphone 5 on 6.1.

Yeah the Xfinity Player is the app the does not work for me. However I just tried on the Xfinity TV Remote app and that one plays videos fine.

mmyers1099

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
Xfinity App

I can confirm that my Jailbroken Ipad will not run Xfinity Player but my daughters un-jailbroken one will. Tried Xcon from Cydia with no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.